Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feathering Kristin's Nest - Part 3: Baby Shower Table Centerpiece

The centerpiece of the table was a painted branch "tree" with paper birds and tiny nests with blue "eggs" in them.  


I spray painted dried tree limbs that were gathered from the yard with Ivory spray paint.  It takes more paint that I thought to truly cover and give a solid finish to the sticks, but the finished product was SO worth it!


Spread a drop cloth in your yard to spray the sticks--let one side dry, rotate and keep spraying until the bark is fully covered.  




Coming together in the vase (I used coffee beans in the bottom of the cylinder to "hold" the sticks in place)

Next, I found a great brown, cream and very light blue Martha Stewart crafts grosgrain ribbon at Michael's:



to surround the tall glass cylinder I bought also at Michael's (using a 40% off coupon).  (Vase is cheaper there when using the coupon than it was at Hobby Lobby even when they were running a 50% sale...)


The birds were made of coordinating paper that went with the theme and clipped to the tree with the tiniest "clothespins" ever...then I bought mini nests in the floral department at Michael's, and for eggs I used Jordan Almonds from the same bag I bought to top the "muffincakes" (see previous blog).  I used my hot glue gun to attach the nests to the branches, and a tiny feather completed the detailed touch to make it extra special.  Here's the finished centerpiece, these amazing photos are by Amber Beckham photography:








No comments: