Friday, February 11, 2011

To blue or not to blue...and bling instead!?

Bridal accessories...

I've seen SO many beautiful ones!  There are so many options: wearing a necklace or not, wearing pearls or diamonds, wearing a bracelet or not, tiny delicate earrings or not, any kind of hair accessory or plain?  

I wasn't totally conventional and I admit I didn't have a something blue...or something borrowed, for that matter.  For this blog I'm going to focus on fabulous heels.  I wanted blue shoes--I'm talking bold blue with bling.

Something like this:
The dreamy Manolo's featured in Sex and the City Movie...


Or these lighter blue Manolo's...

















I thought about creating my own bling for a shoe.  Maybe getting a glittery or blue shoe and doing crystals and perhaps even peacock feathers on it.  Here's an image of a similar idea but it's not quite "there" yet:

I also fell in like with ruffles and other dramatic elements of heels:


I got over the blue shoe idea (because A. the affordable versions were not as delicious as the very expensive ones, and B. I decided going with bling fit my wedding vibe better.  Also--remember this girl is on a DIY tight budget!).  Then I tried on a pair of Betsey Johnson heels at her store in Green Hills Mall.  She has a line of shoes that are made by a ballroom dance shoe company (something like that).  They were glittery fabulous and were actually completely comfortable.  They were also $225.00.  *sigh* 

So, I left without buying them but knew I'd likely be back.  On a whim, I looked on the internet......

Thanks to Overstock.com, I bought the SAME Betsey Johnson "Glitter Polly" shoe, brand new for $89.00, with FREE shipping.  
LOVE it.  

For those of you not into the silver, they also make them in white (great for bridal) and other colors:


On that same trip at Betsey Johnson, I tried on the Starburst Upper design (also $225.00) but all they had in store was turquoise.  I was walking through TJ Maxx at 100 Oaks in Nashville one day (after one of my MANY trips to Michael's for various wedding DIY supplies) and couldn't believe my eyes.  For $69.00 in black--the Starburst Upper.  I wore these heels for my bridal shower and my rehearsal dinner (they're much prettier and more sparkly in person than what they photograph):


I love pretty, sparkly heels...and anything with interesting design details.  

Here are my shoes on the wedding day:

No comments: