Friday, February 11, 2011

Bridesmaid fashion...it's all in the details!

I wanted the bridesmaids in black...and I wanted them to feel comfortable in a style that fit each of their personalities.  So I decided to go with David's Bridal separates & dresses.  Each gorgeous woman could pick their own look and style, all in black satin.  Since they aren't in matching dresses, that's already got some original flair, but I wanted to take it a step further.  Martha Stewart Weddings issue from Summer 2009 featured patterns for creating dahlia,  peony, and rose templates.  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought different fabrics (I wanted textures that were different--some stiff, some more delicate) and some feathers, and took the templates and supplies to my super-creative seamstress friend.  She created AMAZING fabric flowers that were perfect.  The ladies wore different flowers...some small, some large...some in their hair, some on their dress.  


Martha Stewart magazine pic:


Same template, on my matron of honor 
(all photos by SUPER talented Amber Beckham Photography):


In my sister's hair...


Pinned to the waist of one of the dresses...



This one was used as a hair pin.  
It was made from a sheer fabric and feathers with a rhinestone clip in the center...



The bridesmaids together...



We used small ones in the flower girl's hair...


 Lovely friends!  For my attendants and honorary bridesmaids, I chose jewelry as their gift and bought items specific to their personalities and their dresses.  It was so fun! 


My gorgeous sisters and honorary bridesmaids!!  




 Each woman also picked her own style of shoe:

I love heels and bling! 

No comments: