Thursday, November 25, 2010

Kitchen Hutch DIY

I'm WAY behind in updating this blog.  Instead of trying to post all of the make-up jobs and event/party planning I've done over the past year, I'm going to start with today and work my way back as I have time.  What can I say??  2009 was a whirlwind.  I got married (to the most AMAZING man on the planet!) and everything else has taken a back-burner to building our marriage over the last year.  I'll catch up on the wedding design and make-up later.  Right now, I found some cool ideas in a magazine I want to share.  


We're in SC for Thanksgiving, and I always enjoy browsing my mother-in-law's magazines when we're here.  Today's choice was the November Better Homes and Gardens issue.  I found many great recipes and ideas, as well as some cool new eyeshadows I want to try!  It also inspired me to continue more creative DIY projects around the house when I noticed the really cool "before and after" transformation of builder-grade cabinets into a cool hutch.  I wouldn't totally copy it as the curved trim work isn't really my style, but it's such a great idea AND I couldn't believe the difference from the "before!"  I love the wine bottle storage under what used to be a knee hole for a kitchen desk.  We recently totally revamped an old chest in our bedroom (blog to come soon!) and it made a huge difference.  Check out this "I Did It!" feature in November 2010 BHG:


I really love that magazine...

No comments: